Saturday, January 21, 2012

An Unsettled Heart

A quiet morning at home...the oldest 4 are out of the house, the youngest 3 are playing quietly together, and hubby is on his way home from a trip.  The peace is wonderful, so why is my heart unsettled?

I've spoken with my mom and sister on the phone, tried calling a friend, but that longing in my heart to connect, to really connect with another has been unmet.  I pick up the phone and try again, only to be greeted with another automated message. 

Perhaps in my longing to connect this morning I've neglected to connect with the One who made my heart, the One alone who can fulfill all my desires.      

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? 
 Why so disturbed within me? 
 Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God."
  Psalm 42:5


 
I think it is time to put down the phone, pick up the Word and prepare to meet with God .

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...